Service and security for the construction industry
SOKA-BAU supports vocational training in the construction industry.
SOKA-BAU is a modern service provider and competent pension specialist for the German construction industry and has provided a variety of services over the past 50 years tailored to the particular circumstances of businesses and employees in the construction industry. The responsible organizations of SOKA-BAU are labour agreement parties in the construction industry.
Work conditions in the construction industry are characterized by lack of stationary production facilities, strong weather dependency, regular non-productive time and frequent workplace changes. This makes the industry susceptible to salary losses, low pensions and disadvantages in vacation entitlement.
SOKA-BAU offers a series of services, secured by labour agreements, to reduce the disadvantages of these industry-specific work conditions:
• SOKA-BAU manages a vacation process that is different from those under legal regulations, which is also valid for European construction companies that are active in Germany.
• SOKA-BAU guarantees interplant, employer-financed supplementary retirement benefits to employees in the construction industry.
• SOKA-BAU makes an essential financial contribution to industry-wide unified, allocation-financed vocational education in the construction industry.
The SOKA-BAU office building, which has been recognized with several awards, on Wettinerstraße.
Additional industry-specific services SOKA-BAU offers include voluntary supplemental employer-financed retirement benefits (BauRente), as well as industry-tailored solutions for insolvency insurance for work time accounts. SOKA-BAU also offers IT and printing services to insurers, pension plans and other financial service providers.
SOKA-BAU is the owner of more than 10,000 residences and over 100 commercial property units across all important regions in Germany. SOKA-BAU rents more than 2,100 residential properties in the Wiesbaden and Mainz areas alone. In new construction projects, SOKA-BAU has made a name for itself through innovative and sustainable construction. At the multiple award-winning office building in Wettinerstraße (due to its very good eco-balance, among other things), the administration of the city of Wiesbaden is one of the largest renters. With these service offerings, SOKA-BAU today works for around 70,000 German and European companies with more than 620,000 employees and for around 425,000 employees in retirement.
In 2008, SOKA-BAU provided services to employers and employees in the amount of over 2.1 billion euros. Active nationwide, SOKA-BAU has regional roots and recognizes itself as part of the city of Wiesbaden. With around 1,300 employees, it is one of the large employers and is also a successful and dependable training organization.
1 Parties to collective agreements: Zentralverband des Deutschen Baugewerbes, Hauptverband der Deutschen Bauindustrie, Industriegewerkschaft Bauen-Agrar-Umwelt
Urlaubs- und Lohnausgleichskasse
der Bauwirtschaft (ULAK)
des Baugewerbes AG (ZVK)
Year of foundation:
ULAK: 1,6 billion euros
ZVK: 3,2 billion euros
- Protection of vacation entitlement
- Financing of internal and interplant vocational training
- Interplant employer-financed pension assistance
- Individual retirement benefits for employees and employers
- Protection of accrued retirement benefits/ time account management
- Minimum wage control
- Real estate services
- IT and printing services
- Zentralverband des Deutschen Baugewerbes
- Hauptverband der Deutschen Bauindustrie
- Industriegewerkschaft Bauen-Agrar-Umwelt